- - Operations
- El Segundo, CA, USA
- $75,000 - $112,500
- Full Time
Looking for a workplace where your amazing talents and abilities are valued, and where the incredible service and teamwork you bring to the table are rewarded?
At Xceed Financial, we're proud of the outstanding products and extra-mile service we provide our members, but we know that it's extraordinary associates at every level of the Credit Union who make it all happen. That's why we make it a priority to provide work environments that reflect those values. It's also why we offer awesome benefits and industry-leading compensation packages. And did we mention that CU Times has named us a "Best Credit Union to Work For" each of the past four years?
If you're a top-notch financial services operations professional who's looking for a new challenge, read on and see if this role fits you. If so, we hope you'll contact us!
The Position At-a-Glance:
As our Director of Operations, you'll never be bored, as you lead and oversee the talented associates in the Card Operations, Retail Operations, Payment Solutions, and BSA teams that comprise our Operations department. A big part of your job will be making sure the Credit Union is in strict compliance with the rules, regulations and policies that govern financial institutions, so we expect you'll be a top-notch manager and a fiend for the details. Since you'll play a key role in a wide range of Credit Union-wide initiatives, it's also important that you've got a knack for maximizing efficiencies, solving problems, and inspiring team members and vendors to do their very best work.
- Oversee the full range of day-to-day Credit Union operations, including account opening, decedent accounts, ACH batch transaction, Remote Deposit Capture processing, incoming and outgoing wires, monthly departmental ledger reconciliation, the loan lockbox, and more.
- Take a leadership role within senior management, supporting goals and initiatives, managing expectations, and leading the development of tactical action plans to help achieve Credit Union objectives.
- Direct and oversee project management functions to maximize efficiencies within the Department, and develop and implement new procedures and system enhancements for continuous improvement.
- Oversee organizational compliance with USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and Anti-Money Laundering Act, and comply with State and Federal laws and regulations (i.e. BSA, AML, OFAC, Regulation CC, D, E and Z) in performing day-to-day functions and manage regulatory adherence and compliance, ensuring all procedures and regulationsare followed and enforced.
- Ensure strict compliance with audit requirements department-wide, and operational integrity within the department for ACH, EFT and BSA.
- Resolve complex problems, act as liaison regarding member inquiries, and assist team members with account-related inquiries and issues.
- Ensure compliance with the organization's requirements for information protection by maintaining confidentiality and security of Credit Union and member information, including all financial data relating to Credit Union operations and the Credit Union's members.
- Respond and analyze plastic card compromise alerts to assess the risk exposure, provide recommendations to management, and execute a timely block and reissue process.
- Provide guidance and support to upper management on operational matters.
- Research new developments and technical advancements in the industry, using knowledge gained to implement/incorporate changes that will further organizational goals.
- Evaluate and select vendors for service, monitoring their performance against contracted services criteria and taking action if performance does not meet requirements.
- Establish, with Department Manager(s), annual staffing and expense budgets and business plans, including performance targets for member service quality and reliability, service enhancements, staff development, and productivity and work process improvements.
- Work with the management team in instituting new deposit programs, products and account services, and provide evaluations of existing products and services.
- Direct the implementation of operational procedures for Retail Services, which includes the Financial Centers and Contact Center.
- Demonstrate ability to review and implement Risk Assessments for department functions.
- Ensure Business Resumption Plan (BRP) is reviewed annually to ensure it is up-to-date and complies with Credit Union guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to review Vendor Management and ensure all areas are updated and reviewed as needed.
- Conduct one-on-one coaching with all direct reports to address issues, and provide ongoing training and guidance.
- Ensure all required associate vacations are taken, lunch period laws are followed, and time cards are approved.
- Act as a back-up for the VP of Operations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a similar role with financial or retail banking experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements as it pertains to the job function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Associate degree or equivalent.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts