Junior Network Administrator
- - Information Technology
- El Segundo, CA, USA
- 23.33 - 35.00 per hour
- Full Time
Looking for a workplace where your amazing talents and abilities are valued, and where the incredible service and teamwork you bring to the table are rewarded?
At Xceed Financial, we're proud of the outstanding products and extra-mile service we provide our members, but we know that it's extraordinary associates at every level of the Credit Union who make it all happen. That's why we make it a priority to provide work environments that reflect those values. It's also why we offer awesome benefits and industry-leading compensation packages. And did we mention that CU Times just named us a "Best Credit Union to Work For" each of the past four years?
If you're a top-notch network professional who's looking for a new challenge, read on and see if this role fits you. If so, we hope you'll contact us!
The Position At-a-Glance:
As our Junior Network Administrator, you'll be our in-house wizard when it comes to network, telephony and voicemail systems. As part of a crack team of financial IT pros, you'll handle set-up, configuration and maintenance of the many devices associates use to serve our members, and help associates across the U.S. with everything from passwords and OS updates, to buggy apps and blue screens. Because the gig is so wide-ranging and you're dealing with lots of non-techies, your top-notch communication, interpersonal and customer service skills will really come in handy. You'll also need to be a self-starter with solid problem-solving abilities and an ability to see the big picture, because we'll be relying on you to know when to escalate an issue or call in service vendors.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for telecommunications, voice-mail, and network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure.
- Install and support telecommunications hardware or software applications.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to provide timely technical solutions to network issues.
- Administer telecommunications, voice-mail, routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Routinely provide move, add and change (MACs) for telecommunications, and voice mail.
- Participate in planning and implementation of telecommunications/network/systems technologies.
- Document telecom billing and review bills for accuracy.
- Perform backups of device configurations and data.
- Support video conferencing systems.
- Open, update, and close all service & support requests received via phone, e-mail or ticketing system.
- Provide users with remote/on-site support when investigating or resolving issues.
- Setup, administer, troubleshoot issues, and train associates on smart phone & tablet use.
- Administer services & support ticketing system changes/additions and software updates.
- Work with IT department associates to update and maintain smart phone and tablet operating systems.
- Provide prompt and effective support for the installation, setup, and troubleshooting of computers, printers, phones and tablets.
- Notify users of system or communication problems in a timely manner.
- Track and document incidents that affect availability of the network and provide reporting information to management.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in network support or other related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enabling interaction with technical and non-technical associates at all levels of the organization.
- Experience installing, using, and supporting MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, or other Windows-based productivity applications.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and MS Visio to document and facilitate task completion.
- Experience supporting: Cisco VoIP and voice-mail systems; Interactive Voice Response (IVR) or Voice Response Units (VRU); and Exchange voice-mail integration.
- Experience with LAN, WAN and supporting network technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software, or application issues.
- Experience anticipating, recognizing and resolving various technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Experience with data/voice cabling structures.
- Solid organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with associates, members and others encountered in the course of work.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
BA/BS degree or equivalent financial institution work experience with an ongoing record of accomplishment of educational training progression such as technical certifications (Network+, CCENT, or MCITP).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts